Many small businesses are closing or adjusting their practices to help limit the spread of COVID-19. But one service industry is still going strong to help their community members living in pain and also help take some of the stress away from emergency care.
Relying on guidance from governmental agencies, national and state chiropractic associations and local health departments to direct its action, including the International Chiropractors Association, Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards, Truspine views chiropractic care as an essential healthcare service that can be used by patients with a wide array of health conditions in times of urgent need.
“That’s our primary role right now is making sure that our community members are not going to those emergency rooms and urgent care centers with the neck and back pain and headaches so that they can really take care of the people that are in the most critical need right now,” said San Francisco Chiropractor Supreet Shah.
Chiropractors are continuing to treat patients to help relieve the burden on other health care providers while also helping people in pain cope.
The Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (FCLB) affirms doctors of chiropractic are essential healthcare providers ready to serve their communities with both daily care and in times of urgent needs. Consistent with this we will remain open with modified hours during this period to offer our services to a community greatly in need. We also ask that if you have an appointment and have flu-like symptoms to refrain from coming in. We want to remind you we are taking every measure to keep our offices extremely clean and safe.
- We wipe down surfaces after every human encounter.
- We wash our hands with soap and water for over 30 seconds after each encounter.
- We are keeping our doors open so you can avoid touching door handles upon entering our facility.
- We have changed our schedule to ensure our office has very limited interactions at any given time.
- Our waiting room will have only one person waiting at any given time to comply with social distancing guidelines of staying 6 feet apart.
- We are asking our clients to come alone to their appointment and keep their cell phone in their car or purse.
We are here to help and serve you in every way possible. In these unprecedented times, we encourage you to remember, you are powerful and your body is strong.
To get to the root cause of pain and discomfort, schedule an initial consultation, including a comprehensive evaluation and first treatment.